Tropical Holiday Card with Capturing Smiles Bundle

How many photos would you take, or have you taken, on a beautiful Tropical Holiday?


My husband and I took our children to Hawaii several years ago and it was certainly an eventful holiday - fun adventures and discoveries, mishaps, injuries and illnesses abound, but it sure was a trip to remember forever. 


I was so inspired to create a tropical holiday card when I saw the little beach scene stamp for the film strip in the Capturing Smiles stamp set. It made me straight away think of our family holiday to Hawaii all those years ago. That then led me to Beach Boardwalk Designer Series Paper because there was some palm tree paper in the pack that I was saving to scrapbook our family holiday to Hawaii. (the photos are still waiting to be scrapbooked and yes, there are many). 

This little camera is so cute and fun to create, layering together the individual pieces for dimension on the camera and the film strip is a fun addition. 

As I was thinking about how I would create this card, I thought about how many photos we actually take of the same scene to get that "best shot" when on holidays and often just in everyday life too. How many photos are on your camera roll? 

Here is how I put together the card and if you would like to hear some of our funny stories and mishaps from our Hawaii trip, you can watch my video below.

  • I adhered the Designer Series Paper layer to the Blackberry Bliss layer, then adhered them to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. 
  • I stamped the camera base, front section and lens in Versamark ink onto Basic Black cardstock and heat embossed these in White Embossing Powder. 
  • The camera shutter was stamped in Versamark ink onto Basic Gray cardstock and heat embossed in Black Embossing Powder. 
  • I then die cut all the pieces with the coordinating Capturing Smiles Dies. 
  • The front section of the camera was adhered to the camera base with Stampin' Dimensionals, then the shutter adhered flat, then the lens adhered with cut pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals over the lens. 
  • I attached a small piece of Basic Black Baker's Twine to the loop at the right side to create a carry strap for the camera. 
  • The film strip was die cut from Basic Gray cardstock. 
  • I stamped three beach scenes from the Capturing Smiles stamp set, coloured them with Water Color Pencils, die cut them, then adhered them to the back of the film strip.
  • I arranged the film strip and camera and adhered them to the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
  • The sentiments were stamped with Versamark ink onto Barely Blush Cardstock, then heat embossed with Black Embossing Powder. I trimmed the left side of each sentiment label at an angle and adhered the labels to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 
  • I embellished the card with three Dreamy Flowers embellishments. 

Full product list for my card and direct shopping link can be found HERE

Measurements

Card Base - Strawberry Slush Cardstock - 21cm x 14.85cm, scored and folded at 10.5cm

Layer - Blackberry Bliss Cardstock - 14.45cm x 10.1cm

Layer - Beach Boardwalk Designer Series Paper (Palm Trees) - 14.05cm x 9.7cm

Camera - Basic Black Cardstock - 10cm x 7cm, 5cm x 6cm & 4cm x 4cm

              - Basic Gray Cardstock - 3.5cm x 3.5cm (shutter)

Film Strip - Basic Gray Cardstock - 9cm x 4cm

                - Basic White Cardstock - 10cm x 3cm

Sentiment strips - Barely Blush Cardstock - 5cm x 1.5cm (2 pieces)

If you would like to see how I created this card and hear some of my funny Hawaiian holiday adventure stories, you can click on my video below.

I hope my project has inspired you in your creativity and encouraged you to create something beautiful for someone you care about. 


Receive the current Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 AUD order in my online store, or purchase them from me anywhere in the world for $15 AUD. Click HERE to purchase your copy.


Receive 10% in Stampin' Rewards when you Opt In to the Stampin' Rewards Program in the Online Store and your order reaches $35 AUD.


Sign up for my Newsletter to keep updated with the latest Stampin' Up!® news, specials and weekly creative inspiration, click HERE.

Request the latest Stampin' Up!® catalogue from me in Australia on the link below.

Find all my Links HERE.



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. Feel free to leave me a comment below if you liked this project. 


Have a great day and Happy Crafting. 


Love Mandy


Comments