Very Vintage Birthday Card

Mine and my daughter's favourite card style is Vintage, so I really enjoyed creating this birthday card for her 26th birthday recently. I hadn't planned it out beforehand, but it evolved as I got creative and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

For this card I used the Very Vintage Host Stamp Set for the floral image and bees. 
It is a simply stunning stamp set, containing 10 rubber stamps, available in clear mount or wood mount.
This stamp set is only available with Stampin' Rewards.  Ask me for more information about how you can earn Stampin' Rewards to get this gorgeous stamp set.


This is how I created my card:

I first stamped the images using the Staz On Jet Black ink pad onto Thick Very Vanilla cardstock. To colour the design I used my Classic Stampin' Ink pads and an Aqua Painter. 
I then added tone with a blender pen and darker colour ink pad. I will list the colours I used below.
To pick up the ink, I stamped the ink pad directly onto a clear mount block. I was able to stamp several colours at once onto one block, using each corner of the block like a paint palette. I could then easily pick up the colour with my colouring tools.

Once the image dried I used the Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush on the pink flowers and bee wings, which added a little sparkle.

I stamped the 'lovely' sentiment from the Stitched All Around Stamp set and die cut the label with the Stitched Labels Framelits Dies. These can be purchased as a bundle to save 10%.

I die cut the beautiful lace piece in Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock using the Delicate Lace Edgelits Dies with the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.

For the Base card I used Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock, with a mat of Blushing Bride and a distressed piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper and a panel of Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper.

The edges of each piece have been distressed using a dauber and Crumb Cake stamp pad.

Using a sponge dauber, I painted the new Frost White Shimmer paint (available in the 2018 Holiday Catalogue) around the edges of the stamped panel, the edges of the sentiment label and the entire lace piece. The Frost White gives a beautiful shimmer effect.


I then layered everything together and added Braided Linen Trim (available in the 2018 Holiday Catalogue) across the top of the lace, wrapping it around the Blushing Bride mat piece and secured at the back, before adhering the mat to the card base. The bow was tied separately and adhered using a glue dot. 
I added some Rose Metallic Thread under the right hand edge of the stamped panel using glue dots then mounted the stamped image with Dimensionals. Finished off with Pearl Basic Jewels and a silver metallic rose from the Share What You Love Embellishment Kit.

It was time consuming as I developed the design as I went along, but I enjoyed every minute. I hope you enjoy looking at it and maybe you would like to re-create this card.

Products I've used are listed below:

Very Vintage Host Stamp Set

Stitched All Around Bundle

Delicate Lace Edgelits Dies

Wood Textures DSP

Petal Promenade DSP

Other products used:

Cardstock - Thick Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride

Ink - Staz On Jet Black, Classic Stampin' Pads - Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Daffodil Delight.

Shimmer Paint - Frost White
Pearl Basic Jewels
Share What You Love Embellishment Kit
Braided Linen Trim
Rose Metallic Thread
Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush Clear
Sponge Dauber
Aqua Painter
Blender Pen
Clear Block
Dimensionals
Glue Dots
Tear 'n Tape
Thanks for stopping by my blog. 
Have a great day and Happy Craftin'
Mandy




Comments