Graceful Glass Butterflies

Whilst away this past week in beautiful country Victoria, I had my first play with the Graceful Glass 6x6" Designer Vellum, using Stampin' Blends.


I started with some colour inspiration from the lovely Patty Bennett of the USA. I love Patty's projects. She has so many great ideas and a real eye for colour.

I then added some yellow to the original colour scheme, after a suggestion from a quilting friend of mine. It made such a difference and just gave the stained glass design a little extra colour lift.
So I guess you could say this was a collaborative project.


I had only taken white and black ribbon away with me, but neither of them looked quite right, so I coloured some white ribbon using Stampin' Blends. This is such an easy technique and the Blends dry very quickly and smoothly on the ribbon.



I kept the layout simple so as not to take away from the stained glass window.



I started with Granny Apple Green dark and light, Night of Navy light, Pool Party dark, Highland Heather dark and light, colouring on the reverse side of the vellum.



After consulting my Facebook group about what they thought of the colour palette, it was suggested to me to perhaps add some yellow. I used the Colour Lifter to remove some of the colour from a few areas, which worked very quickly on the vellum. 
I then added Dark Pineapple Punch to those areas and it really added a lovely touch.

I used Light Highland Heather to colour the ribbon.

The sentiment is from the Painted Glass stamp set.


The colours and quality of the photo aren't the best as this photo was taken at night, while I was away on holiday, but hopefully you get a good idea of the finished project.


If you would like to see all the products in the Graceful Glass Suite, you can click on the image below and it will take you to the suite in my online store.




 To see all the colours in the Stampin' Blend range, click on the link below. 





If you  live in Australia and don't already have a Demonstrator, I would love to help you.
Please contact me on the link in the side bar or subscribe to my newsletter by clicking on the Subscribe button at the top right side of my blog.

Click on the Shop tab at the top of my blog to see the Stampin' !Up product range and to order online.

Have a great day and Happy Craftin'



Comments

  1. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. pool fences auckland

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for visiting my blog.