International Blog Highlights



Thanks for visiting my blog today! 

My name is Mandy Witherby and I live in Sydney, Australia.

I, and some other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators are being highlighted internationally by Kylie Bertucci and you are able to vote for my project that I have entered. This is the first time I have joined in on Kylie's International Blog Highlights and I am very excited!

The top ten winners will get to be part of an international blog hop, so please vote for my project.


Our theme for this month's highlight is SYMPATHY.

It is a really sad time when our friends and family lose someone they love in death. It can be so hard to watch them struggle through their grief and pain, wanting to support them, but not always knowing the best way to do this. However, one way we can express our love and support is by making and sending them a very special card.
 In this way we can share the special gifts we have with those that need it the most and they will know we are thinking of them.




You can VOTE for my project here http://bit.ly/SeptemberHighlightsVoteforMe


The Thoughts & Prayers Stamp Set is a lovely stamp set that can be used for many different situations when you want someone to know you are thinking of them - Sympathy, Empathy, Illness,  Difficult times, Encouragement or just to let someone know you care.




I think the Wood Textures and Delightful Daisies Designer Series Papers compliment the tree from this set beautifully, with the Chocolate Chip and Old Olive inks being the main colours I have used.

I used the thumping technique with Stampin' Write Markers for the leaves on the tree. 

I inked the white doily in Chocolate Chip using a sponge brayer to soften the colour and the embossed piece was rubbed over lightly with a sponge dauber and Chocolate Chip ink. I also inked the edges of the ovals, the embossed piece and the printed leaf paper, using a sponge dauber with Chocolate Chip ink.


Stamp Sets and Framelits Dies I have used are shown here: 


                             Thoughts & Prayers Stamp Set              Jar of Love Stamp Set




                           Everyday Jars Framelits Dies              Layering Ovals Framelits Dies


Other Products used in this project:

Wood Textures DSP | Delightful Daisies DSP | Petal Burst Embossing Folder | Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Pear Pizzazz | Ink Pads: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Pear Pizzazz | Stampin' Write Markers: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz | Sponge Daubers | Sponge Brayer | Gold Faceted Gems | Delicate White Doilies | Copper Trim | Burlap Ribbon | Adhesives: Tear 'n Tape, Tombow Glue and Dimensionals


If you live in Australia and would like to order online with me click Here


Thanks for visiting my blog today. Make sure you head over to Kylie's blog

I would love to be chosen to do an international blog hop.



Have a great day and happy crafting!






















Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for visiting my blog.